Sorry, this job has expired.
Want to be a part of one of the nation's largest and most trusted LTL carriers? Ready to begin a career with one of Forbes Best Large Employers? Now is your chance.
Apply for our Operations Supervisor position today!
Ensure all service center operations work is performed according to approved company procedures, standards, and specifications. Supervise all activities of terminal workers and support personnel engaged in loading and unloading activities.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Plan, supervise, and control available resources associated with the timely, damage-free, and safe loading/unloading of freight on assigned shifts
· Maintain appropriate load plans, and ensure proper load balance for safe vehicle operation
· Assign job tasks to workers according to unloading and loading schedules
· Coordinate work assignments, and monitor performances
· Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary recommendations, as needed
· Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and visiting customers
· Foster safe handling, loading, unloading, and storage of hazardous materials
· Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment
· Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals
· Other duties, as assigned
· Bachelor's degree, preferred
· High School Diploma, GED equivalent, required
· Terminal, transportation, and/or other related experience, preferred
· Supervisory experience, preferred
· General knowledge of freight, imports, exports, and proper freight handling techniques
· Basic PC skills, including Microsoft Office
· Ability to perform physical labor (bending, heavy lifting, etc.)
· Must be detail oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service minded environment
· Must have excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
· Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail