Sorry, this job has expired.
Auburn Hills, MI
ABF Freight is looking for an Operations Supervisor to ensure all terminal operations work is performed according to approved company procedures, standards, and specification. You will be responsible for supervising all activities of terminal workers, and supporting personnel engaged in loading and unloading activities.
Benefits of being on the ABF Freight team:
• Attractive salary plus incentive plan
• Professional training
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) Plans
• Education Assistance for Advanced Degrees
• Stock Options and Various Employee Discount Partnerships
• Paid holidays and vacation
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Terminal, transportation, and/or other related experience preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• General knowledge of freight, imports, exports, and proper freight handling techniques.
• Must be detail-oriented and enjoy a fast-paced, multi-tasking, customer service-minded environment.
• Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail.
• Plan, supervise, and control available resources associated with the timely, damage-free, and safe loading/unloading of freight on assigned shifts.
• Maintain appropriate load plans, and ensure proper load balance for safe vehicle operation.
• Assign job tasks to workers according to unloading and loading schedules.
• Coordinate work assignments and monitor performances.
• Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary recommendations as needed.
• Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and visiting customers.
• Foster safe handling, loading, unloading, and storage of hazardous materials.
• Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
• Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
• Basic PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to perform physical labor (bending, heavy lifting, etc.)
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.