ABF Freight is looking for self-motivated, hardworking and energetic City Drivers. Our City Drivers play a vital role in maintaining strong customer relationships. ABF Freight drivers use up-to-date technology to do their jobs effectively and efficiently. We recognize the importance of our drivers and that's why our turnover rate is so low.
This is your chance to start your career with the ABF Freight Team!
• Make more money! Wages are Teamster Union Scale which are greater than most other carriers! City Drivers also receive overtime pay after 8 hours/day.
• Be Home more often! Home time for ABF Freight drivers far exceeds that of other drivers within the truckload industry.
• Vast majority of ABF Freight local driving jobs are Monday through Friday.
• All drivers receive health and welfare benefits with no employee paid premiums.
• Each employee receives 5 days of sick leave each January 1st. With the amount of personal days, sick leave, and paid holidays, an employee may qualify for up to 3 weeks of paid days off without using vacation.
• Life insurance is provided through the multi-employer sponsored health and welfare fund.
• Employees are given the opportunity to contribute to a company sponsored 401(k).
• ABF Freight employees are covered by a pension plan at no expense to the employee.
• Drivers participate in a profit sharing program with option to purchase company stock through a stock purchase plan.
Job responsibilities include:
• Pickup and delivery of cargo to and from various destinations usually within proximity of the consolidation/distribution center.
• Loading and unloading of trailers utilizing the same techniques, technology and procedures as a dock worker.
• Actual duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal location.
• Our drivers should be at least 21 years old.
• We are looking for applicants with a minimum of 1 year tractor/trailer experience. If you have less than 1 year experience, you may be eligible for training.
• A Class A CDL with doubles/triples, tanker and HAZMAT endorsements are required.
• We are looking for drivers with a stable work record and strong work ethic to add to our exceptional team.
• Safe driving records (MVR as well as previous employers) are required for our employees.
• All drivers must pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen and meet DOT medical requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability